At least that’s what it sounds like to me. From Monday’s homily on 1 Cor 11:17-28, 33.
“I ask you to do everything possible to not destroy the Church with divisions…keep the founts, the very roots of the unity of the Church, which is the Body of Christ; which we, every day, celebrate [in] His sacrifice in the Eucharist. Paul could say this to all of us today, to the Church of today. ‘Brothers, in this I cannot praise you, because you are gathered together not for the better, but for the worse!’ But the Church gathers everyone together — for the worse, for divisions: for the worse! To soil the Body of Christ in the Eucharistic celebration! And the same Paul tells us, in another passage: ‘He who eats and drinks the Body and the Blood of Christ unworthily, eats and drinks his own condemnation.’ Let us ask the Lord for the unity of the Church, that there may not be divisions. And for unity also in the root of the Church, which is precisely the sacrifice of Christ, which we celebrate every day.”
- The people holding fast to actual Catholicism are destroying the Church with divisions
- Francis may actually believe in the Real Presence (“Body of Christ”) after all, or it may be purely symbolic to him. Since he genuflects to wheelchairs and the feet of Muslim, but not after the Consecration, I’d say the jury is still out.
- “The Body of Christ” might be referring to the Church, not the Eucharist. Read it closely.
- “The Body of Christ” might be referring to the church, not to the Eucharist. Read it closely.
- Divisions soil the Body of Christ in Eucharistic celebration.
- The Church gathers everyone together.
- Let us pray for unity precisely in the sacrifice of Christ which we celebrate every day.
Wouldn’t 30 Oct 2016 be a great day for unity?
3 thoughts on “Francis lashes out, while laying the groundwork for Lund”
Well written…to the point. The only problem is that hardly anyone in clerical garb seems to give a rat’s behind about this devastation. It is if a rock is rolling downhill and in the distance it looks really small and insignificant but in actuality it is huge and lethal, ‘They’ don’t see it for what it truly is. Oh well, the Passion of the Mystical Body is intended to be painful and challenging both spiritually and physically. The 50 year party boat is sinking and taking many with it.